ACCORD Research Consultancy Ltd is a market research agency utilising multiple research techniques to obtain insight and opinion from you and then use it to create recommendations to our clients. Our registered office is 21 Ventnor Avenue, Stanmore, Middlesex HA7 2HX and our company registration number is 4421613.
We are committed to meeting the requirements of all applicable data protection legislation and requirements, including the following laws, codes and standards:
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- UK Data Protection Act 2018
- Market Research Society’s (MRS) Code of Conduct
Our data Protection Officer (DPO)
Any information that you supply to ACCORD Research is used solely for legitimate market research or statistical purposes and will never result in an attempt to sell you anything based on your responses.
Data Protection Officer
ACCORD Research Consultancy Ltd
21 Ventnor Avenue
Types of personal data we may collect from you
During the course of a market research study we may process the following information about you:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Postal address
- Potentially bank details (if your incentive is paid with BACS)
- Other demographic information such as profession and age
- Product information you may have with one of our clients
- Your opinions
- Photos of you
- Audio and video recordings of the market research sessions
- We may also collect your IP address and which type of web browser you are using if you participate in an online market research survey.
If there is a requirement to collect and process sensitive personal data (such as gender, ethnicity, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health or sexual life) we will obtain your explicit consent and provide a full description of how it will be used and where it will be located.
How we collect it
Depending on the project, ACCORD Research will obtain contact details in a number of ways. These include:
- From one of our clients, who you are a customer of or have had contact with in the past
- From a research panel that you have signed up to in the past and for which you have consented your personal information to be used for invitations to future market research studies
- From one of our third parties who have previously made contact to invite you to conduct market research activities.
- From the Contact Us form on our website
- From information that is publicly available.
How it is used
Your personal data is used by us to assist in our market research activities. These activities include:
- Contacting you to invite you to participate in a market research survey
- Attendance checking and coordination activities during face-to-face research interview sessions or internal quality control purposes
- Recording your research responses as either audio / video files or as text files, depending on the research methodology used.
- Sharing with carefully selected third party vendors to conduct additional processing activities relating only to the research survey you have participated in
- Reviewing your research responses in combination with the responses obtained from others in order to identify trends and key messages
- Feed back to our client anonymised findings we believe to be of interest to them
Where it goes
It is our intention to be as transparent with you as possible with regards to who we may need to share your personal data with to fulfil our research. Before you start your research with us we will let you know who we will share your information with strictly for the purposes of conducting necessary and legitimate additional market research activities.
How long we keep it for
How we secure it
At ACCORD Research we make best efforts to ensure your personal data is protected at rest and in transit throughout its lifecycle (from creation, processing, sharing, through to deletion).
Your personal contact data is saved in files that are permanently password protected.
All video and audio footage is kept on encrypted hard drives . If we need to share audio or video footage with a third party we use carefully selected file transfer services that provide end-to-end encryption.
Your rights explained
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access
you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification
you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten
in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing
where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right to object
you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to judicial review
in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
Please contact our DPO (email@example.com) if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
In some cases, we will be acting as Joint Data Controller of your personal data along with our client, who would have provided us with your contact details to conduct the research. In such cases we will provide you details of our data protection policy and contact details for our Data Protection Officer should you have any queries. If you would like to update any of your information we will ensure that all other Data Controllers are notified.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in July 2018.